Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hunting for Aces

By Brandon Tucker
September 20, 2011 7:23 PM ET
The third ace of the Golf Channel Am Tour Senior National Championships was recorded Tuesday on the Norman Course at PGA West. 

Peter Hunt, playing the Sarazen Flight, knocked it in on the 155-yard 13th hole with a 6-iron. He qualified for nationals with two victories in 2011, including the Seattle Tour Championship. 

It was the second ace for Hunt, a 51-year-old from Bellevue, Washington but his first in tournament play. He celebrated with the ceremonious running-of-the-bar-tab in the clubhouse after the round. 

"I hit an amazing shot,” said Hunt. “As soon as I hit it I knew it would be close. I couldn't see it and we got up to the hole and I was worried it had gone over the back. I was heading off to the hazard and my two competitors found it in the hole!"

No comments:

Post a Comment