PGA National Resort & Spa Announces "Final Round" Of Renovations
Ultimate phase of legendary south Florida destination's $65 million revitalization underway
PGA National's recent renovations include numerous enhancements to its 379-room resort hotel, clubhouse, golf courses, spa, health and racquet club, and conference and meeting space. Among the contemporary additions is a stunning zero-entry pool, newly-named signature restaurant - Ironwood Steak and Seafood - and trendy, sophisticated iBAR.
"This next round of ongoing renovations will allow PGA National to continue to stay ahead of the curve in keeping our property in first-class condition, which is what our guests and members expect and deserve," says Joel Paige, vice president and managing director. "With all major construction completed, ongoing enhancements will have zero impact on current resort operations."
The finishing touches include:
- A floor-to-ceiling guest room makeover featuring stylish bedding, headboards, wall coverings and carpet; spacious, modern work desks with multiple plug-in options; atmospheric lighting; and elegant furnishings. Suite bathrooms will have walk-in showers. State-of-the-art, high-definition, 42-inch flat-panel televisions have already been installed.
- Guest room corridors will showcase eye-catching carpeting; tastefully subdued lighting; and chic artwork and wall treatments.
- Due to increased popularity of its outdoor wedding venues, new lakeside locales are being added to its scenic, manicured grounds.
- Renovation of its 19th Hole bar and grill, to be renamed "Bar 19," presenting the latest in clubhouse furnishings, high-definition televisions and expanded outdoor dining overlooking one of the great vistas in golf. The addition of a kitchen will allow for a completely new menu offering.
- Updating its championship golf courses with new turf, irrigation systems, rebuilt bunkers, and expanded tee and green complexes.
- The Citrus Tree Café, with its renowned breakfast buffet, will re-open newly renovated, renamed the "Palm Terrace" and available as a poolside location for evening events.
- The 40,000 square-foot European Spa with 32 treatment areas and the exclusive "Waters of the World" outdoor mineral pools will also be updated matching the motif of the resort's fashionably cool, hip décor.
"Ownership is committed to the strategic, long-term capital plan of becoming the premier meeting and golf destination in the country," says Frank Calaguire, principal of SCS Advisors - owner / operating partners of PGA National Resort & Spa. "Coupled with our laser-sharp focus on delivering a championship experience for our guests as we've done for 30 years, we are confident that we're creating customers for life."
For more information about PGA National visit www.pgaresort.com or call (800) 533.9386.
About PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa is premier golf, vacation and meeting destination. The South Florida locale offers 90 holes of championship golf on five courses, including the famed Champion course, home to the PGA TOUR Honda Classic and past host of the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship and a litany of other prized professional golf tournaments.
Other distinguishing features include a world-class 33,000 square-foot health-and-racquet club with 19 Har Tru tennis courts, 40,000 square feet of self-contained conference space and nine on-site restaurants and lounges.
PGA National Resort & Spa's myriad accolades include:
- AAA--Four Diamond Resort (2011)
- Golfweek -- Best You Can Play State by State (No. 3, 2011)
- Golfweek -- Best Tour Courses You Can Play (No. 28, 2011)
- Golfing Magazine - "World's Top 5 Multi-Course Venues" (2011)
- About.com -- "No. 1 Golf Resort in Florida" (2011)
- GOLF Magazine -- Top 100 Premier Resorts -- Silver Award Winner (2011)
- GOLF Magazine -- Premier Resorts Green Award Winner (2011)
- Golf World -- Top 50 Resorts (2010)
- Successful Meetings -- Pinnacle Award Winner (2011)
- The Knot -- Best of Weddings (2011)
Conveniently located within easy driving distances of major Florida population centers, the AAA Four Diamond resort is a 15-minute drive from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), one hour from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 90 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).